8 companies with cool employee work perks
On average, Americans spend 50 minutes commuting to work every day, and you’re likely to spend more time with your colleagues during the week than you will with your family. With work like this, it’d be nice to have some super cool incentives at the office, right?
Here are 8 companies with super awesome work perks.
1. Google. Lunch, snacks, beer and rock climbing are all provided free of charge for Google employees. Reimbursement benefits include adoption fees, tuition, charities, and take-out meals for new parents during maternity leave. Employees can even bring their dog to work whenever they want.
2. Netflix. No official work hours of any kind are posted. Instead of measuring people by how many hours they work, employees are paid based upon what work they get done. There’s also no specified limit to “vacation time.” As long as workers get their allotment of work finished, they can take off whenever. Another added bonus? No dress code.
3. Zappos. Employees are given monthly allowances of $50 to award to other deserving co-workers. Management reviews the top recipients for a winner to receive a $150 Zappos gift card, covered parking spot and an office parade in his honor. Breakfast, lunch and snacks are on the house, and the company even offers “nap rooms” for employees.
4. Boston Beer Co. Monthly cake-and-beer parties are given to celebrate employee birthdays, and all 700 workers get to choose two cases of beer to imbibe for free each month. This, of course, allows them to all be familiar with their product.
5. SendGrid. A full fridge of beers in the break room, fresh baked cookies once a week, and burritos and tacos from the unlimited account at the Chipotle downstairs are a few of the employee perks at the company. Worried about all the food getting added to your middle section? No problem. They also provide free gym membership for all 40 local employees, a ping pong table and ski passes.
6. Qwiki. Employees are reimbursed for all and any of their transportation to the office – whether that is a train ticket or a free bike. A company laundry and dry cleaning service is available to drop off your dirty clothes at when you get to the office, and you can also start your day off by giving the DJ booth a spin on the way to your desk.
7. Electronic Arts. Employees get to enjoy special screenings of blockbuster movies prior to release date, all thanks to the company’s high-profile entertainment partners. Oh, and the fact that you work for a video game company is pretty cool in itself.
8. Southwest Airlines. Unlimited free travel on the airline is a mega perk for the airline’s employees. This offer is even extended to spouses and partners, too. And four “buddy” passes each quarter are also given. Employees also receive discounts on partner airlines, hotels and car rentals.