How to come up with $2,000 out of thin air
Could you use an extra $2,000? Here’s where it’s hiding. Find it and stash it.
· Get free text messaging apps like Text-Plus or Kik instead of paying for a texting plan.
· Sell your unused gift cards. Find a gift card exchange website and sell the cards you won’t use to other buyers.
· Pay attention when grocery items are on sale. Most supermarkets have sales in 12-week cycles. Stock up on items when they’re reduced.
· Most gyms give you the ability to freeze your membership during the summer months. Use these warmer months to exercise outside, freeing up room in your monthly budget.
· If possible, increase your insurance deductibles. If you’ve built up enough savings and can cover a higher deductible, you can save on your premium cost.
· Consider ditching your cable subscription, and watch TV shows on online streaming services or on-demand.
· Ask for discounted rates when shopping for telephone and internet services. Request to be billed promotional prices given to new customers on services you already use.
How have you saved money in a pinch?